MDT Elite Scope Rings offer a solid, light weight system for your mounting your rifle scopes. Made from precision-machined aluminum. The're perfect for anyone who puts a high round count through a rifle at a match or other event but still wants to keep the weight down.
ABOUT THE MDT ELITE SCOPE RINGS
The MDT Elite Scope Rings are the highest quality scope rings that we offer, designed for ultimate precision and strength where weight is a concern. They're the perfect scope rings for high-end optics and situations like hunting or shooting a match where you can't afford a zero shift.
The Elite Scope Rings provide shooters with easy mounting on pictinny rail scope bases. Theres a built-in bubble level on medium, high, and extra-high rings (No bubble level on low rings) to provide shooters with an accurate level for long-range shots. The extra thick clamp system will never bend, fatigue, or become loose with use. Sleek curves blend well into most scopes and there's six fasteners on each ring to ensure your scope doesn't budge.
They are available in 30mm, 34mm and 35mm diameters and four different heights (measured from top of rail to center of bore).
- Designed for ultimate precision and strength
- 25mm (0.984”) of lateral contact with scope tube
- 30mm (1.181”) of lateral contact with mounting rail
- The main body is machined on an automated seven-axis, high-end CNC machine tool
- Extra wide profile provides extremely stable mounting
- The bottom rail interface is machined at the same time as the scope clamp interface, guaranteeing all rings are square and parallel
- CMM checked to 1.5 millionths of an inch precision
- Machined from Billet 7075-T651 Aluminum – 1/3 the weight of steel with similar strength
- Stepped base-to-cap interface allows the fasteners on one side to be tightened before making final scope alignment adjustments
- Six oversized #8-32 Grade 8 fasteners used for clamping the scope
MDT Precision Scope Rings are designed and manufactured to STANAG 4694 specification, also known as “NATO spec”. This means the scope ring sits tight to the top of the scope base rail, with pressure being applied to the underside of the angled rail surfaces to maintain a solid interface (as shown below).
By contrast, US MIL-STD-1913 spec mounts attach only to the angles sides of the rail, leaving a small gap between the top of the rail and the underside of the mount, and significantly reducing the amount of contact area between the mount and rail.
Testing performed by NATO has shown that the STANAG attachment method increases the robustness of the interface, leading to increased alignment repeatability. MDT Elite Precision Scope rings can be mounted to scope base rails designed to both the STANAG and MIL-STD specifications.