Our Premier Scope Rings offer a solid mounting system for your optics. Made from precision machined aluminium, these rings are available for the majority of scope sizes and required heights.
Our rings are designed for ultimate precision and strength:
- CMM checked to 1.5 millionths of an inch precision.
- Machined from Billet 6061 Aluminum.
- Stepped base-to-cap interface allows the fasteners on one side to be tightened before making final scope alignment adjustments
- Four oversized #8-32 Grade 8 fasteners used for clamping the scope
MDT Premier Scope Rings are designed and manufactured to STANAG 4694 specification, also known as “NATO spec”. This means the scope ring sits tight to the top of the scope base rail, with pressure being applied to the underside of the angled rail surfaces to maintain a solid interface (as shown below). This design also allows mounting on out-of-spec rails:
By contrast, US MIL-STD-1913 spec mounts attach only to the angles sides of the rail, leaving a small gap between the top of the rail and the underside of the mount, and significantly reducing the amount of contact area between the mount and rail:
Testing performed by NATO has shown that the STANAG attachment method increases the robustness of the interface, leading to increased alignment repeatability. MDT Premier Scope rings can be mounted to scope base rails designed to both the STANAG and MIL-STD specifications.
1) Position ring base (A) on to rail and ensure base is seated firmly forward to mitigate recoil.
2) Torque cross-bolts (B) to 25-30 in-lbs.
3) Seat scope, then place scope cap (C) and tighten screws (D). Typical torque settings can range between 15-25 in-lbs. There should be no gap between cap and base BUT do not overtighten.
Always consult scope manufacturer specs when torquing.
4) Ensure scope is level and aligned then tighten remaining scope cap screws (E) to torque specs.
NOTE: A gap between the cap and base on this side is expected.