ESS Chassis Folding Buttstock
The MDT ESS Folding Skeleton Rifle Stock has been developed to give shooters the option to fold to either bolt side or non-bolt side and locks in the folded position. The double hinge design allows the folder to maintain a low profile without any protruding hinge points that would otherwise interfere with the use of the thumb shelf.
The ESS Folding Skeleton Rifle Stock is designed to increase your performance and comfort by enhancing adjustment possibilities to suit your preferred shooting position while allowing more compact transportation.
Options shown in images
- ESS Folding Buttstock Adjustment Wheel (sold separately)
- Carbon Fiber Cheek Rest for ESS (sold separately)
The ESS Folding Skeleton Rifle Stock is designed to increase your performance and comfort by enhancing adjustment possibilities to suit your preferred shooting position. The integration of MDT’s robust, 2-way locking folder on this model allows for more compact transportation. It is specifically designed for our ESS chassis system to provide sturdiness, accuracy and perfect ergonomics. The ESS Skeleton Rifle Stock is machined from 6061-T6 aluminum, then painted with a Cerakote coating.
Both the buttpad and cheek-riser can be adjusted horizontally, vertically, and angularly. The cheek-riser height adjustment is done by either using the included thumbwheels or set screws. An optional adjustment wheel (sold as a separate accessory) provides an alternative cheek-riser adjustment method - however it will require the stock be assembled to be folded on the non-bolt side of the rife.
The body of the buttstock has been updated to allow the use of a weight addition system for rifle balancing, an additional 2 QD points (for use when folded) and an M-lok slot on the bottom face, to be used with a 1.5” MDT M-lok Picatinny rail. The LOP can be increased using the adjustment wheel and then locked in place by using either the included thumb screws for tool-less adjustment, or the included set screws using an Allen key. An alternative model is also available: the ESS Skeleton Rifle Stock, which does not feature the integrated folder.
- CNC machined from 6061-T6 aircraft grade aluminum
- Skeletonized body for robust structure
- MDT proprietary ESS buttstock interface
- Shortened body to maintain proper LOP with integrated folder
- Thumbwheels for tool-less adjustment of LOP & cheek rest height
- Angular adjustment of cheek rest up to 8 degrees on either side
- Integrated bolt cut-out in cheek rest
- M-Lok slot for 1.5” rail or other M-Lok accessories (not included)
- Three QD flush cup sling mounts on either side
- Weight: 2.05lbs
- LOP: 13.5" - 14.5"
- 7/32” Ball End Hex Bondhus T-Handle
- 1/4”-20 x 3/16” Brass tip set screws
Due to its proprietary interface, MDT’s ESS Folding Skeleton Rifle Stock is only compatible with MDT’s ESS chassis systems. For bolt side folding compatibility with your bolt action rifle please refer to the table below.